Visioning Day is a special event for our contemplative Community in the Spirit of Centering Prayer
A “Visioning” day provides an opportunity for all Centering Prayer practitioners in our community to gather together to celebrate our history, assess our needs as a contemplative community, and “envision” future growth and direction for Heart of Texas Contemplative Outreach.
All participants will have an opportunity to offer input and be a part of future planning as we envision our future as a contemplative community. We are excited about this day and encourage all to attend. We ask in advance that you commit to attending the entire day . . . you won’t want to miss it!
In the Visioning process, we will:
- Celebrate our strengths in our initial stages of growth and formation
- Explore challenges and assess needs to implement realistic growth
- Prioritize needs and create a road map for the next 1-2 years
- Acknowledge and encourage ecumenical dimension and Spirit
- Establish needs of Leadership Team; discernment of Service Teams
- Prayerful discernment process for Chapter Coordinator
Chances are your first experience with Centering Prayer was made available to you by volunteers of a chapter of Contemplative Outreach, who chose to participate in the building of our contemplative community.
- An opportunity to give back a portion of what you have spiritually received
- A chance to help build our contemplative community
- An opportunity to create a vision for the future of Centering Prayer in this region
- A chance to meet others in the community who share the same contemplative lifestyle
- An opportunity to share your gifts and talents in loving service to others
Our Visioning Day will include:
- Coffee and refreshments
- Two periods of Centering Prayer
- Large group and small group process
We request that you pre-register for the day at the link below so we can plan for lunch.
Susan Komis has served Contemplative Outreach since 1990, first as a volunteer for the St. Louis, MO chapter, then as a Coordinator. She is Director of the Chapter Programs & Services (CPS) team which supports Coordinators and Contact Persons throughout the Contemplative Outreach spiritual community. She assists chapters by making on-site visitations and offering programs for leadership enrichment and chapter development. Susan serves as a staff person for Contemplative Outreach retreats, mentors other servant-leaders, and continues to develop leadership formation programs for Contemplative Outreach, Ltd. Susan is a certified Pastoral Minister and has worked in Adult Faith Development and various other ministries, including spiritual direction and interspiritual dialogue.